modelFIT: Dynamic Group Training
June 4-15 2018
Weekdays from 1 pm-5 pm
212 Bowery NYC
Created and Led by
Learn how to craft fun, inspirational classes that actually produce results. Our science-backed movement sequencing and exercises are designed to help participants build integrated strength. This holistic approach covers the guiding principles of anatomy, teaching techniques and what makes modelFIT a unique and successful experience.
The modelFIT Method is committed to setting high standards of excellence for our trainers in our dynamic functional group training. With a certificate in the modelFIT method, participants will learn to how to design programs for their clients from a functional and integrated point of view.
Our course is fully accredited through the National Academy of Sports Medicine and the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America as a continuing education provider. We also include complimentary Adult CPR/AED certification.
WHO THIS TRAINING IS FOR
This course is intended for those aspiring to integrate the methods and principles of modelFIT to their teaching practices. Rooted in mindfulness, dynamic strength and functional science, the modelFIT method pioneers a new way to move and a new way to think about moving. Over this course, we will cover the guiding principles of anatomy, teaching techniques and what makes modelFIT a unique and successful experience.
We will learn in a variety of ways, with reading and discussion being our primary modality. We will reinforce those resources with movement laboratories, practice teaching sessions and masterclasses.
This course will be challenging, inspiring and a lot of fun. We will all leave with a greater understanding of the human experience of movement and how to communicate it with other people.
WHAT THIS TRAINING PREPARES YOU TO DO
- Prepare individuals to lead both a modelFIT Sculpt and modelFIT cardio class.
- Provide a deeper understanding of functional anatomy and expressive movement from a variety of disciplines: from dance, to martial arts, to the Alexander technique. modelFIT is a method of fusion and integration.
- Establish a positive teaching practice with strategies for sequencing, preparation and the business of teaching.
- Deepen our own movement practices and our understanding of how we interact with the world (both physically and mentally).
1 year of movement teaching (yoga, fitness, dance or any other modality) and/or 50 classes/sessions at modelFIT or through modelFIT online
Early bird pricing: $1500
$500 deposit due upon acceptance to the program Includes:
- 2 weeks of hands on training
- 2 CECS through NASM + AFAA
- Adult CPR/AED certification through NY Metro CPR
- Month of access to modelFIT online
- One month of unlimited classes
- modelFIT: Dynamic Group Training Manual
- A curated selection of readings based around our curriculum ($100 value)
modelFIT has a strict attendance policy for this training as every hour counts. If you must miss a session or hour, it is your responsibility to schedule a private session with the Director of Education. Each attendee can miss no more than 2 days.
The application for the modelFIT: Dynamic Group Training will help us cultivate a group of trainees that are well-equipped to learn, grow and develop within this training. These questions are just for us to get a sense of your personality, experience and vibe. The video submission give you an opportunity to demonstrate your personal movement quality and awareness. We look forward to meeting you!